Friday, February 29, 2008
The next announcement is (drum roll please) From now on I will be blogging daily. Yes, that's right, you will be able to visit this loverly blog every single day and see something new. Maybe sometimes I'll blog multiple times a day (exciting!!) This will all take place starting Monday, which leads me to my last announcement . . .
I'm going to Disneyland this weekend! Jason and I will be jumping in the car and taking off at 3:00, headed to our favorite little vacation spot.
I also have one more big announcement (no, it's not what you're thinking) but it really would be better with pictures. So you'll all just have to wait until Monday.
And because blogs are ALWAYS more interesting with pictures:
Random, I know. It was at the farmers market Jason and I went to a while back.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Flour Girls and Dough Boys is a stunning new bakery located in American Fork just off Main Street. This delectable delicatessen offers up some of the most delicious baked goods I've ever tasted. From it's inviting atmosphere - complete with fireplace, child's play kitchen and bookshelves - to the to-die-for goodies, there's no reason every single reader of this blog shouldn't go out of their way to visit this Utah treasure.
35 N 150 W American Fork
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
(if this appears too small on your screen, use this link)
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Head on over to my Web site (jessiealexisphotography.com) to see the latest shoot! This was for one of my best friends who is getting married on April 25 in the Logan temple. You can bet I'll be there with a camera slung about my neck!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
And take a look ... my new couches! We found these beauties at Down East Home for a killer deal. I love that store, but every time I go I'm sure Jason groans inside because I always find a new piece of furniture I want. I'm currently craving a beautiful gray-ish china cabinet thingy.
Monday, February 18, 2008
So happy Presidents Day! Yay for me, I had work off today, but Jason didn't. So I've had a productive day at home. I've been waiting on my Pampered Chef delivery, which was supposed to come at 1:30 ... two hours ago. The waiting has provided me a perfect opportunity to do laundry (several loads), clean the bathroom, bake banana bread, pick up the rest of the house and find two homes I'd love to buy. The first is perfect, my dream home, except they just accepted someone else's offer. We're on the top of the notification list if the buyers financing falls through, so we'll see. The other is less "me" but more logical. It's a killer price and a brand spanking new home, the downside is it's in Eagle Mountain. The other bad thing is, they didn't put any contact information on the listing other than the Craigslist e-mail. So ... I'll keep you posted on what happens.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Happy Valentines Day Jason, I love you.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
1. Watching my husband rock out to Guitar Hero.
2. Winning the game of Life with nearly 4 million dollars.
3. Being sick on the weekend so I don't have to miss too much work. (I'm trying to be optimistic here folks ... )
4. Having a husband who isn't repulsed by my sickness.
5. Having medical insurance so being sick doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
6. Dayquil and Nyquil.
7. Insurance that covers most the cost of prescriptions.
8. That it's Jason's week to teach primary.
9. Extra soft tissues.
10. That I haven't thrown up since yesterday.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
I'm so excited! For the past couple days I've been working hard on putting together a photography sample book highlighting a few weddings I have worked on. I published it through Blurb Books and hope to have it in my hands soon!! Not only will it show potential clients my photography style, it's also an example of the type of albums I offer. Click on the link to preview the first 15 pages.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Today is my sister-in-law Stacey's birthday. Stacey is Jason's one and only sister, and a fantastic sister-in-law. I have met very few people who possess as much talent and drive as Stacey does. She's a hard worker, great mother and wonderful Disneyland travel partner. She seems to succeed at everything she tries and always makes the people around her feel important.
We love you Stacey and hope your birthday is the best yet!!
Saturday, February 2, 2008
1. My clean house.
2. Jason's effort in making the house clean.
3. Cooking and baking. Tonight I'm making dinner for six. What's on the menu? Macaroni and Cheese, homemade French bread, fruit salad and peas.
4. Getting my taxes done early, and actually having a substantial refund.
5. Checking stories off my "to write" list at work.
6. Dusting. It's probably my favorite household chore because I LOVE seeing the shinyness of the newly dusted furniture.
7. Being married ... happy 8 months to us!!
8. Pizzeria 712 in Orem. Seriously, it's heavenly. Especially their Panna Cotta. Oh ... so so so so good.
9. The return of Lost. I'm still not sure how I feel about the new twist it's taken, but that won't stop me from watching.
10. When I ask my husband what he's doing and he says, "just kissing the girl I love more than anything."