Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Monday, December 29, 2008
Grandpa Leffue read "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" to all the grandkids and great grandkids.
I loved being able to hold Mike and Emily's baby Sadie.
I love this family. They let us spend the night Christmas Eve and we were able to watch Madison and Carys open their presents on Christmas Day. They were so cute!!
Madison loves her dad
Carys was so cute! Both her and Madison kept shouting, "I love it!" "It's beautiful!" "It's just what I wanted!" as they opened their gifts.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
These girls love their uncle Jason!!
There was this random 28 miles of snow covered road, and by the time we were off the road, it looked like someone had sprayed the back of the car with a fire extinguisher.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
photo by Kate Benson
Friday, December 19, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
I think repeat business is a huge compliment, so when Nicole called and asked if I would take their family pictures again )this time with the addition of her husband's siblings) I was very flattered. Head over to the photography blog to see more!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
1. 'Tis the Season to be? Shopping. Jason and I are pretty good at being tight-wads, so it's nice to have an excuse to go out and buy all those things we've been needing (Jason: new pair of shoes Jessie: warmer clothes)
2. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping gifts. I love pretty paper. I love opening wrapped gifts.
3. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. Much less work, and you can always burn an evergreen scented candle if you are craving the scent of a real tree.
4. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving. This year, not at all. I tried to print out a picture of a Christmas tree to hang above our present pile, but my printer stopped working.
5. When do you take the tree down? After Christmas. This could be anywhere from 1 week to 1 month. It just depends.
6. Do you like eggnog? Nope. Every single year I try it and every single year I still don't like it.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? My Samantha doll. I loved her so much. I just found out they are discontinuing her and I could not be more devastated. I'm sorely tempted to buy the rest of her stuff just to have a complete collection for my posterity.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Either my dad or my brother. What do you get someone who has everything and has no qualms about going out and buying whatever they want when they want??
9. Easiest person to buy for? Carlie and Rylie. Teenage girls, just get them makeup, clothes, jewelry or iTunes gift cards and they are thrilled.
10. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a couple, but they're all just small ones I was given by YW leaders growing up. I'd like a big beautiful nice one someday.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I love sending/receiving mail.
12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One time I was given my first bra in my stocking. It wasn't so much a bad gift as it was humiliating to open in front of my family.
13. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love A Muppet Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life.
14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The earlier the better. Although, I've discovered that the earlier I start shopping, the more I end up buying.
15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe....I don't know.
16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hot chocolate, peppermint ice cream, potatoes.
17. Lights on the tree? Yes. But the only way to do it is buy a pre-lit tree then just keep the lights on forever.
18. Favorite Christmas song? I'm loving the new Sarah McLachlan Christmas CD this year. But my all time favorite Christmas song is probably O Holy Night.
19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both are fun. I have spent wonderful Christmases in Australia and my cabin, and this year I'm looking forward to traveling to Arizona to spend Christmas in Jason's home. I think no matter where I am, as long as I'm with family, it's the perfect place to spend Christmas.
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I can if I can sing the song!
21. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like stars.
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas Eve we open our pajamas from our parents and our gift from the sibling that drew our name.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Driving in the snow. Not knowing what to give people. The expectations and having them not be met.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Uh, I dunno. Something festive?
25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mashed potatoes. I could probably just eat an entire plate full and be satisfied.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? I really wanted my house. But that's not going to happen.
27. Who is most likely to respond to this? No idea. Anyone who feels like it.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
As mentioned in my previous post, I spent a semester in Nauvoo. Best. Semester. EVER. I think about it daily. Well this coming Friday marks 5 years since we pulled out of Nauvoo early in the morning, heading back to where we came from. I remember looking at the temple with such distress thinking how hard it was to leave and how much harder it must have been for the early saints. They were leaving their home, the temple they had built and the city the had founded. They were headed out into the middle of nowhere on what proved to be a death trip for many. I was headed back to a warm home via airplane. Back to where there were three temples between the airport and my house. And yet, it was still so hard. Anway, my Nauvoo buddy Bethany is doing a week long tribute to Nauvoo on her blog and I encourage all of you to check it out. A lot of it may not make sense but maybe you can catch a glimps of why it was the best semester ever.
I am from Scott and Barbara, Ernie and Barbara, and Marilyn
I am from wonderful ancestors who paved the way for me
I am from Orem, Utah
I am from Cascade Elementary, Canyon View Junior High, Orem High School and Brigham Young University
I am from the Cascade 4th Ward and Canyon View 3rd Ward
I am from hiding under my covers with a flashlight so I can read books all night long
I am from going door-to-door as a child selling everything from trinkets to treats
I am from popcorn, chocolate and potatoes
I am from spending hours in the kitchen trying out new recipes
I am from being the oldest of four children
I am from four years of EFY
I am from overcoming obstacles and becoming varsity captain of a nationally ranked cheerleading squad
I am from a love of photography and capturing beautiful images
I am from long days at school and late nights of studying
I am from a semester in Nauvoo, Illinois
I am from Online Investors Advantage, Generation Marketing, Auction Advisor, The Daily Universe, The Deseret Morning News, The Daily Herald, Bennett Communications and Jessie Alexis Photography
I am from a wonderful temple marriage
I am from years of dedicated Young Women’s leaders to becoming one myself
I am from owning my own business
I am from a loving Heavenly Father who gave me a wonderful family
My siblings and me with my grandpa on his 80th birthday in December, 2006.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Happy birthday Todd!
Oh wait! That's not the fancy car. That's our car, that only took $17 to fill up with gas. From empty empty to full full. Sweet!!