Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cookies!



Jason and I have made a habit/tradition of watching Food Network on Sunday nights. We're big fans of Iron Chef America and Throwdown with Bobby Flay. Oftentimes when I watch all the yummy dishes being made, it makes me want to hit the kitchen. Usually I resist the urge because it's late, but tonight I gave in and made my favorite chocolate chip cookies. I thought I had posted this recipe earlier, but I searched for it and couldn't find it, so here it is!

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup real butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together

Add:
3 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I usually just add the whole bag)
1 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1 cup coconut (optional)

Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes

3 comments:

Heather said...

ummm....my mouth LITERALLY started salivating when I was looking at this photo and recipe!! Isn't food network the greatest?!

Cheryl said...

Those cookies look so yummy! I could eat the whole batch!! Tom used to make chocolate chip cookies every Sunday afternoon. That picture reminds me of his delicious chocolate chip cookies!! That looks like a great recipe!

brittany said...

jess, i am definitely going to have to try these...chocolate chip cookies are the best cookies in the world! (i'm using a really dramatic voice here)