Friday, October 26, 2012

Homemade Playdough

With indoor weather upon us, I decided to do a fun activity with Norah and make homemade playdough. It was super easy and super fun. In fact, if Norah were in charge of "fun mom" awards, I would have totally won. Plus, we used letter cookie cutters so it was even educational. Bonus points for me!!

Homemade Playdough Recipe:

2 C Baking Soda (1 box)
1 C Cornstarch
1 1/2 C Water
Color - optional (we added a few drops of red paint to make pink)
Scent - optional (we added a few drops of lavender oil because we felt like it)

Add color and scent to water (optional). Combine baking soda and cornstarch in a pot. Add water and stir on medium heat until the dough forms a ball. Cool and knead. 








2 comments:

Barb Elder said...

Fun mom and cute Norah.

kaylynnczy said...

You are a FUN mom!!! Jealous!
I've been needing to make some of this for my classroom - thanks for reminding me!
Kaylynn
colbkayandtrae.blogspot.com