Sunday, June 15, 2008
10 loves ... Father's Day Edition
I have the best dad in the world, I'm convinced. Today at my parents house my mom had us go around and say what we were most grateful for in regards to my dad ... and I have to admit, it was hard. There are too many wonderful things about my dad to narrow it down to just one, but here are 10 things I love about my dad.
1. I love that at age 15 my dad read The Book of Mormon and knew that it was true and that he had the courage to join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and kept the commandments so that I was able to enjoy the blessing of being born into the church.
2. I love that my dad is such a hard worker and has provided well for my family. I also love how his example of hard work has rubbed off on his children.
3. I love how comfortable my dad always makes people feel. He doesn't consider himself a social person, but he's fantastic in social situations.
4. I love how my dad is still so in love with my wonderful mother after so many years.
5. I love that my dad is always wanting the best for his kids and recognizes the fine line between helping us and enabling us.
6. I love sitting and talking with my dad. He is so smart and witty.
7. I love knowing that I can go to my dad with any and every problem and he'll help me find the most suitable solution without making me feel stupid.
8. I love how wonderful and welcoming my dad has been to Jason.
9. I love when my dad calls me princess.
10. I love knowing my kids will have such a wonderful grandfather.
And a bonus 11th love ...
I love knowing that Jason will be just as wonderful to our children as my dad has been to his.