1. 'Tis the Season to be? Shopping. Jason and I are pretty good at being tight-wads, so it's nice to have an excuse to go out and buy all those things we've been needing (Jason: new pair of shoes Jessie: warmer clothes)
2. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping gifts. I love pretty paper. I love opening wrapped gifts.
3. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. Much less work, and you can always burn an evergreen scented candle if you are craving the scent of a real tree.
4. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving. This year, not at all. I tried to print out a picture of a Christmas tree to hang above our present pile, but my printer stopped working.
5. When do you take the tree down? After Christmas. This could be anywhere from 1 week to 1 month. It just depends.
6. Do you like eggnog? Nope. Every single year I try it and every single year I still don't like it.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? My Samantha doll. I loved her so much. I just found out they are discontinuing her and I could not be more devastated. I'm sorely tempted to buy the rest of her stuff just to have a complete collection for my posterity.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Either my dad or my brother. What do you get someone who has everything and has no qualms about going out and buying whatever they want when they want??
9. Easiest person to buy for? Carlie and Rylie. Teenage girls, just get them makeup, clothes, jewelry or iTunes gift cards and they are thrilled.
10. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a couple, but they're all just small ones I was given by YW leaders growing up. I'd like a big beautiful nice one someday.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I love sending/receiving mail.
12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One time I was given my first bra in my stocking. It wasn't so much a bad gift as it was humiliating to open in front of my family.
13. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love A Muppet Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life.
14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The earlier the better. Although, I've discovered that the earlier I start shopping, the more I end up buying.
15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe....I don't know.
16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hot chocolate, peppermint ice cream, potatoes.
17. Lights on the tree? Yes. But the only way to do it is buy a pre-lit tree then just keep the lights on forever.
18. Favorite Christmas song? I'm loving the new Sarah McLachlan Christmas CD this year. But my all time favorite Christmas song is probably O Holy Night.
19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both are fun. I have spent wonderful Christmases in Australia and my cabin, and this year I'm looking forward to traveling to Arizona to spend Christmas in Jason's home. I think no matter where I am, as long as I'm with family, it's the perfect place to spend Christmas.
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I can if I can sing the song!
21. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like stars.
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas Eve we open our pajamas from our parents and our gift from the sibling that drew our name.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Driving in the snow. Not knowing what to give people. The expectations and having them not be met.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Uh, I dunno. Something festive?
25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mashed potatoes. I could probably just eat an entire plate full and be satisfied.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? I really wanted my house. But that's not going to happen.
27. Who is most likely to respond to this? No idea. Anyone who feels like it.