1. Rihanna Featuring Jay-Z, Umbrella
2. Plain White T’s, Hey There Delilah
3. Fergie, Big Girls Don’t Cry
4. Shop Boyz, Party Like a Rockstar
5. T-Pain featuring Yung Joc, Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin’)
6. Timbaland featuring Keri Hilson, The Way I Are
7. Maroon 5, Makes me Wonder
8. Hurricane Chris, A Bay Bay
9. T.I., Big Things Poppin’ (Do It)
10. T-Pain featuring Akon, Bartender
As part of my duties at The Daily Herald, I'm in charge of pulling the Billboard Hot 100 (er, 10, we only print 10) for our music page of the UV.
What is wrong with our Billboard Hot 100? So many many things, but what bothers me in particular is exemplified in song No. 5. "Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')" For real? What, is this a text message from some 14-year-old who doesn't know the difference between past and present tense? And Shawty? What on earth is that?
Timbaland. "The Way I Are." Wow. I tell you how you seem to me, uneducated.
And these, folks, are the top songs as nominated by the dollars of our teens. What is this world coming to?