Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thoughts for a Saturday

It's been a rough week. My Norah is sick, and nothing makes me more sad than watching her be miserable. The doctor diagnosed her with croup on Monday, and she seemed to be getting better until last night when we realized she was burning up. A quick thermometer check revealed she was rockin' a fever of 103.1. Not cool. Long story short, no sleep for any of us last night. So forgive my ramblings, no sleep doesn't look good on me.

I want to be cuter in the clothing department. I have some cute clothes, but it just doesn't come naturally to me. While reading a blog on dressing cuter I read this quote:

"if we're not supposed to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge?"

Which started me thinking, Jason and I don't do midnight snacks. We do midnight meals. Almost daily (nightly?). One day our metabolism isn't going to be able to keep up with our eating habits and we'll look like this. And that just ain't pretty.


4 comments:

Malorie said...

Horrible! Theo has croup too. He was breathing badly and had to take steroids. Hopefully he gets over it soon, and Norah too!

Adam and Bri said...

maggie had a 104 degree fever last week and battled an ear infection.

it's the absolute worst, isn't it? they can't even tell you what's wrong and they're just so, so (so) miserable.

hope norah is on the mend!

lmarsh said...

Jessie you will never look like a beached whale! And I hope Norah is feeling better. If she wants I can send her some chicken noodle soup! I'm throwin the offer out there. I saw how she man handled those sweet potatoes. I think she can handle herself some noodles!

rebecca said...

that quote is amazing.
and your norah is a doll.