Tuesday, July 29, 2008
And as soon as I finish my bag I'll post pictures. It's looking amazing
(p.s. I'm at girls camp right now, I wrote this blog Saturday night. I'm loving this blogger feature of scheduling posts.)
Sunday, July 27, 2008
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car): Kitties Jeep Tucker Prius
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie): Mango chocolate chip Triple Chocolate Chocolate Chip
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name): J. Eva J. Eva
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal): Yellow Cat
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born): Alexis Provo Alan Douglas
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first): Eva-Je Eva-Ja
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink): The Blue Water
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers): Ernest Darwin John
9. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (first letter of mother’s maiden name & father’s middle name ): M Scott L Alan
10. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): Cram Chicago
11. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower): Summer Peony
12. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”): Mango Shirty
13. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree): Fruit Aspen Bacon Pine
14. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, favorite weather element + “Tour”): The Photography Cloud Tour The DotA Sun Tour
If you're wondering why some of Jason's answers are missing ... it's because he was annoyed that I kept asking him questions while he was trying to take over the DotA world. For those not in the know, DotA is Defense of the Ages. A breakoff War Craft game. Duh.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
This is an 80-page book I painstakingly created from pictures I've taken over the years at my family's cabin that we've lovingly dubbed The Elder Family Lodge. My dad loves this place, and we love spending time with him there. Click on the book preview to see the first couple pages.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Rylie and Kimbee
Carlie and Kelly
Look! It's Hannah Montana!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Intelligent and kind. Your beauty goes much further than your apperance. Also, you make judgements of people based on their personality and not their looks. Attaining all the knowledge that you can is one of your major goals in life, but you are also a person who can make things happen.
Which Disney Princess Are You?
Take the quiz and let me know!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Also, check out my mom's sweet blog post about me.
And coming up next, pictures from our 4th of July bash and ... my new computer!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Good guesses everyone! I think most people got it right, I'm so proud.
Friday, July 4, 2008
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Mini Cheesecake Tarts
2 8oz packages cream cheese (you can use 1/3 less fat)
3/4 C sugar
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 t vanilla
canned pie filling (Blueberry, Strawberry or Raspberry)
Foil cupcake liners. (You'll want to use foil ones because they separate from the cheesecakes better, and they look prettier :)
Preheat oven to 375. Soften cream cheese if needed. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar. Then add in the lemon juice, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until combined.
Fill a muffin pan with cupcake liners and place one vanilla wafer at the bottom of each one. Fill each one 3/4 full of batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
But you don't want them to get brown. When you take them out, place them on a cooling rack and let them cool completely. While they cool, they will sink down in the center. Don't worry- that's normal! It makes the perfect little well to fill up with the fruit filling. Before you top them, chill in the fridge for several hours, overnight if you can. Then top and serve. You certainly could be creative and top with other things too, like chocolate, caramel, lemon curd, whatever! Makes 12 tarts.
Recipe found here (one of my favorite recipe Web sites)